Sunday, January 4, 2009

Our Christmas update....FINALLY!!


We had an amazing Christmas!! my family came up to spend the holidays with us. We enjoyed their stay so much, specially Danny. So, for those who don't know, our Peruvian tradition is a little different than some. I spent all day making dinner and dessert for our big Christmas eve dinner, and at midnight we opened presents!!! I don't understand how people can wait till the next morning to open gifts and to hug each other and say Feliz Navidad!!! It was so much fun. In Peru after hugging family you go outside and hug all of the neighbors as many as you can, then the party begins and the sky is light up with huge fireworks, it is one of the reason why no body sleeps, because the fireworks would wake you up, the sky doesn't get dark again for a while. After dancing and talking a lot we usually have hot chocolate and fruit cake before going to bed. Even though I wasn't in Peru, this Christmas was spectacular, I had the man I love the most at my side and a little boy who brings so much meaning into my life...what else could I ask for?
Danny is usually in bed at around 8pm. But that night he woke up right at midnight! I guess he couldn't wait to open his present either hahaha. His eyes are pretty puffy when he wakes up so you can tell by the pictures that he had just woken up and was confused about all the noise that late at night. But with the help of his daddy he opened his gifts and loved them all. We are so grateful for all the wonderful gifts that our wonderful families gave us. I think that it was the most perfect Christmas I have personally had for a log time. Daniel and I agree that Dannie's first Christmas was perfect!



Getting ready for a bath and bed time!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're Christmas pictures make me want to have Christmas all over again and this time be at your house. Danny has grown so much and his personality just shines! Also, I am interested to know what your menu was for Christmas Eve, the food looks amazing!