Saturday, November 7, 2009

An important Birthday

I just wanted to wish my wife a very happy birthday. Love, you are the best thing that ever happened to me. You make me happy. There is nothing more valuable to me than my little family and I would do anything for you. Anyways, for your birthday I wrote you a sonnet. It's no Shakespeare, but I hope it conveys the way I feel about you.

November 8th

By Daniel Hinkson

It’s your birthday today, November eighth;
A day I’ve grown fond of and contemplate.
For at this time twenty-one years ago,
A child was born I’d come to love and know.
I could not imagine more perfect love;
We share what many can only dream of.
The celebration of your day of birth
Merits much more than one day on this earth.
Women like you do so much for us all,
Years wouldn’t do to commemorate y’all.
This I confess, every God-given day,
I am so grateful that you came my way,
And gave me your hand in holy marriage,
Soul-mate of mine, how blessed is my voyage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful Dan!!! Happy Birthday Jess.
Love, Judy