Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nuestro Dia del Amor!

It was perfect. My sister Karen and her husband Michael drove Danny and I back to Idaho to spend the weekend with us. We got back on Saturday, just in time for Valentines! I saw Daniel and I felt like I hadn't seen him for months, a warm and overwhelming feeling took over me when he kissed me and gave me a big tight hug (it's funny how two weeks seemed an eternity for us) That night we all went to eat at a Italian restaurant (Corino's) the food was good but what was even better was the good company. Karen and Michael are a lovely couple and they show their love all the time all day long, It makes me so happy to see them so in love and to see how much they enjoy each other. Daniel got me some flowers, a gift card to Khol's ( my favorite store to shop), a heart basket that had bars soaps in shape of hearts and also rose petals, I have not used it yet but I will, I m saving it for a very stressful or tiring day! oh Daniel is so amazing, he got me this big box of chocolates yum yum! and the best part.....her it comes!!!!! A GIFT CARD TO A SPA!!!! I know! I was like WHAT?! I have never been to one so I m excited, I think I will go sometime this week, I can't wait. The sweetest husband ever right? Daniel got a shirt and tie that he absolutely loves! So we had a pretty amazing weekend.

But I guess I better start writing about what people really want to know : Updates on Danny! Well, our little wild thing is crawling super fast, if I get down on the floor with him he will chase me as fast as he can, it is super cute, he looks like a baby gorilla when he crawls, all chubby and all. But speaking of chubby, he has gotten taller so he does not look as chunky. He has more energy then ever, and he definitely likes a challenge, he will climb anything and anybody to get to what he wants. He is really into playing with the kitchen drawers and sadly he has closed his finger by doing that, we have to keep an eye on our little man all the time because the couple of seconds that we go to another room it is more tnan enough time for Danny to do something that stops mama's heart. He can walk pretty good when we hold both of his little hands so we think he will most likely learn to walk before he turns a year old. Let's see what else..oh yes, he loves to play with Daddy's movies and just two days ago he discovered where the toilet paper is and found it hysterical to pull all the paper down haha so now we have a stash of toilet paper in a corner we didn't want to waste it and throw it away. I guess besides the fact that he is teething super fast the latest news will be that he can climb up the stairs!! he learned it all on his own while we were staying at my parent's place, he does it without help, but it scared me so I stayed right behind him while he played, but I don't have to worry about stairs at our apartment. He is growing fast and we can't wait for the Hinkson family so see him. We are taking a vacation and going to Colorado to visit Daniel's family. We are so excited to see them and for them to get to know our son better, see you all in three weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!!!!

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

You better believe we can't wait to see you! I am so glad you had a GREAT Valentine's day-- you both totally deserve it!